Making Appointments

Maps + Parking



Remote Provider Access Request

Requesting Medical Records

Referral Guidelines

About TAMC

Leaders and Organization

Media Contact


Staff Information

Training and Education

Hawaii Medical Commands

Regional Medical Commands

Contact Us

TAMC on Facebook TAMC Photos on Zenfolio
TAMC on Twitter TAMC Videos on Vimeo
Tripler Guide 2015
Tripler Guide 2015



If you are new to the military or unfamiliar with what a family readiness group is, please see our “Frequently Asked Questions” below.

The Family Readiness Support Assistant can help you connect to your Soldier’s Family Readiness Group (FRG) or Community/Installation events. If you do not know to which unit your Soldier belongs, feel free to contact the FRSA or Companys. Provide as much information concerning your Soldier as you know, to include name, rank, and last duty station.

Frequently Asked Questions for Family Members new to the Army and Tripler Army Medical Center

I don't know what a Family Readiness Support Assistant is nor do I know who my Family Readiness Group (FRG) point of contact is.

A Family Readiness Support Assistant is a federal employee who assists the command in the execution of the unit's FRG Program. The FRG is a command sponsored program open to all TAMC Soldiers (married or single), family members (immediate and extended) and Civilians belonging to the unit.

I have a problem and would like some assistance solving it. Where can I turn?

Start with your FRSA. They have access to and knowledge of the many resources available on the numerous installations. They can refer you to the appropriate agency to address your problem. You may also visit the Schofield Army Community Service at or Military One Source.

As a new military spouse, how can I find information about life as a military family?

Military One Source is a website packed with information designed to help military families. Army Family Team Building (AFTB) training is a great first step. You can take the AFTB modules on the Military One Source site at, or you can take the classes in person at ACS by calling 808-655-4227.

MWR’s Army Community Service (ACS) is available to assist personnel relocation and address other quality of life issues.

Army Community Service (ACS) Building 2091Schofield Barracks Phone (808) 655-4227. Click to email

Is there a 24-hour, seven-day-a-week source of information and assistance for military families?

Yes, Military One Source can be reached by phone at: 1-800-342-9647 or on their website at: Also, you can speak with a chaplain at any time by calling: (?) TAMC and its units also have Military Family Life Consultants available to meet with you at your convenience. Call 808-222-1089 for an appointment.

How do I find out about resources and events at Tripler Army Medical Center?

There are several possibilities: Utilizing the internet site Contacting the unit’s FRSA, Company’s and always ACS.

New to Hawai'i? Come and join in the fun at this weekly orientation workshop. Learn about community resources and Hawaiian culture presented by ACS. Workshops are held every Thursday, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:25 p.m. at Nehelani. FMWR Marketing is pleased to welcome you and your family with a complimentary Buffet lunch offered immediately following your mandatory Family and MWR briefing. During the Family and MWR lunch you will have a chance to win awesome prizes, plus $100 in cash!

Please contact the Schofield Army Community Service (ACS) at (808) 655-1699 to sign-up!