Graduate Medical Education (GME) and Clinical Clerkships
ALL CLINICAL CLERKSHIP REQUESTS ARE
TO BE SUBMITTED
VIA THE AMRDEC SAFE WEB SITE.
Graduate Medical Education
- Contact Information and Location
- Medical Student Coordinator: (808) 433-6992
- Transitional-Year Coordinator: (808) 433-2474
- Lead GME Coordinator: (808) 433-6982
- Continuing Medical Education: (808) 433-4710
- Chief: (808) 433-2457
- Fax: (808) 433-1559
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing Address
- Department of the Army
- ATTN: MCHK-HE-ME
- CDR TAMC
- 1 Jarrett White Road
- Tripler AMC, HI 96859-5000
- Verification of training:
- Requests for physician verification of internship, residency and/or fellowship may be e-mailed, faxed or mailed to the address listed above, and addressed to appropriate coordinator.
- Transitional Coordinator for transitional-year internship verification.
- Lead GME Coordinator for all other verifications of internship, residency and/or fellowship.
- Residency Programs
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Family Medicine
- General Surgery
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellowship Programs
- No clerkships are scheduled during the month of December.
- While priority is given to students in the Health Professions Scholarship Program (HPSP) and the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USUHS), TAMC is usually able to accommodate civilian students wishing to schedule clerkship.
- Army HPSP Students:
- Cannot request a clerkship that crosses the end of one fiscal year (September) and the start of the next fiscal year (October).
- All clerkships must be completed before 30 September and cannot start again until 15 October.
- If you are unsure of your eligibility to do a clerkship, contact HPSP headquarters at 1-877-633-2769.
- In addition, please be aware that the number of ADT and NADT tours that may be performed at TAMC is limited to one each.
- Maybe required to take a diagnostic physical training test upon arrival. If you have completed this training in the last six (6) months, please bring proof of completion with you.
- Air Force and Navy HPSP Students:
- Cannot apply for ADT at TAMC.
- Follow the same requirements as those for civilian students applying for a clerkship.
- Cannot use military Common Access Card while in a civilian status.
- Medical (civilian) students from accredited medical schools and schools of osteopathic medicine in the United States and Puerto Rico.
- Those civilian students to include HPSP students (doing a NADT) desiring to rotate at TAMC must ensure that their school has a Memorandum of Agreement in force between their school and TAMC. Without this agreement student are not authorized to rotate until an agreement is in effect.
- United States Army policy does not permit us to accept any student from an international medical school even if the student is a United States citizen.
- Introduction to Clinical Clerkships and List of Clerkships Available (application located on specialty page)