Graduate Medical Education (GME) and Clinical Clerkships
Clinical clerkship programs at Tripler Army Medical Center (TAMC) are offered to military medical officers in the Armed Forces and medical students from accredited medical schools and schools of osteopathic medicine in the United States and Puerto Rico.
United States Army policy does not permit us to accept any student from an international medical school even if the student is a United States citizen.
Civilians desiring to rotate at TAMC must ensure that their school has a Memorandum of Agreement in force between their school and TAMC. Without this agreement student are not authorized to rotate until an agreement is in effect.
This institution does not participate in the National Resident Matching Program.
Contact Information and Location
Medical Student Coordinator: (808) 433-6992, Room 9A 008A
Transitional-Year Coordinator: (808) 433-2474, Room 9A 010
Lead GME Coordinator (Verification of Training): (808) 433-6982, Room 9A 006
Continuing Medical Education: (808) 433-4710, Room 9A 002
Chief: (808) 433-2457, Room 9A 004
Fax: (808) 433-1559
Verification of training:
- Requests for physician verification of internship, residency and/or fellowship may be e-mailed, faxed or mailed to the address listed above, and addressed to appropriate coordinator.
- Transitional Coordinator for transitional-year internship verification.
- Lead GME Coordinator for all other verifications of internship, residency and/or fellowship.
Department of the Army
1 Jarrett White Road
Tripler AMC, HI 96859-5000
Clinical Clerkship Information and Instructions.
- Introduction to Clinical Clerkships and List of Clerkships Available
- When Clinical Clerkship is Approved
- Occupational Health Requirements
- Your First Day
- Standards of Conduct
- TAMC Medical library
- Directions Tripler, parking and GME Office
- Information for USUHS and HPSP students
- Lodging Information
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Family Medicine
- General Surgery
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Orthopaedic Surgery