OBJECTIVES/DESCRIPTION OF EDUCATIONAL ROTATION.
- The purpose of the Emergency Medicine rotation is to expose rotating medical students to patients with critical and urgent medical problems commonly seen in the emergency setting with the supervision of the full-time emergency medicine faculty.
- Students will learn how to diagnose and manage patients with a wide variety of medical problems.
- How to work within a health care team.
- How to perform a variety of invasive medical procedures needed in the early management of acute illness.
FREQUENCY OF CALL. No call during this rotation.
REQUIRED READINGS. Students are required to read a selection of lectures available on the Emergency Department's internal homepage.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS. None.
HOW ARE STUDENTS EVALUATED?
- Medical students will have a shift evaluation filled out for each clinical shift worked.
- The final clerkship evaluation is based on these shift evaluations.
- Areas evaluated include: professionalism, fund of knowledge, patient management, procedural competency; communication skills and medical documentation.
APPLY FOR EDUCATIONAL ROTATION