Graduate Medical Education (GME) and Clinical Clerkships
- This institution does not participate in the National Resident Matching Program.
- Clinical clerkship programs at Tripler Army Medical Center (TAMC) are offered to military medical officers in the Armed Forces and medical students from accredited medical schools and schools of osteopathic medicine in the United States and Puerto Rico.
- Civilians desiring to rotate at TAMC must ensure that their school has a Memorandum of Agreement in force between their school and TAMC. Without this agreement student are not authorized to rotate until an agreement is in effect.
- United States Army policy does not permit us to accept any student from an international medical school even if the student is a United States citizen..
- Foreign students (non-US Citizens) attending medical schools in the United States who require access to the hospital's information systems network can expect at least a four-month delay in getting access due to required security background checks. The vast majority of clerkships offered at Tripler require students to obtain network access, therefore, please plan accordingly.
- Inprocessing for all students is on Monday at 0700 (7:00 A.M.). If Monday falls on a Federal holiday then inprocessing will take place on Tuesday. The TAMC Student Coordinator is located on the 9th Floor, A-Wing, Room 9A 008A and will explain the inprocessing procedures to you. Exceptions to this policy will be coordinated with the Student Coordinator in advance.
- Health Professions Scholarship Program (HPSP)
- HPSP students cannot request a clerkship that crosses the end of one fiscal year (September) and the start of the next fiscal year (October).
- All clerkships must be completed before 30 September and cannot start again until 15 October.
Contact Information and Location
- Medical Student Coordinator: (808) 433-6992, Room 9A 008A
- Transitional-Year Coordinator: (808) 433-2474, Room 9A 010
- Lead GME Coordinator (Verification of Training): (808) 433-6982, Room 9A 006
- Continuing Medical Education: (808) 433-4710, Room 9A 002
- Chief: (808) 433-2457, Room 9A 004
- Fax: (808) 433-1559
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of the Army
1 Jarrett White Road
Tripler AMC, HI 96859-5000
Verification of training: Requests for physician verification of internship, residency and/or fellowship may be e-mailed, faxed or mailed to the address listed above, and addressed to appropriate coordinator.
- Transitional Coordinator for transitional-year internship verification.
- Lead GME Coordinator for all other verifications of internship, residency and/or fellowship.
Clinical Clerkship Information and Instructions.
- Introduction to Clinical Clerkships and List of Clerkships Available
- When Clinical Clerkship is Approved
- Occupational Health Requirements
- Standards of Conduct
- TAMC Medical library
- Directions Tripler, parking and GME Office
- Information for USUHS and HPSP students
- Lodging Information
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Family Medicine
- General Surgery
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Orthopaedic Surgery