Graduate Medical Education (GME) and Clinical Clerkships
NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE
ALL CLINICAL CLERKSHIP REQUESTS ARE TO BE
VIA THE AMRDEC SAFE WEB SITE.
- No clerkships are scheduled during the month of December.
- Inprocessing for all students is on Monday at 0700 (7:00 A.M.). If Monday falls on a Federal holiday then inprocessing will take place on Tuesday.
- Clinical clerkship programs at Tripler Army Medical Center (TAMC) are offered to:
- Military medical officers in the Armed Forces Health Professions Scholarship Program (HPSP).
- HPSP – Army Students:
- Cannot request a clerkship that crosses the end of one fiscal year (September) and the start of the next fiscal year (October).
- All clerkships must be completed before 30 September and cannot start again until 15 October.
- If you are unsure of your eligibility to do a clerkship, contact HPSP headquarters at 1-877-633-2769.
- In addition, please be aware that the number of ADT and NADT tours that may be performed at TAMC is limited to one each.
- Maybe required to take a diagnostic physical training test upon arrival. If you have completed this training in the last six (6) months, please bring proof of completion with you.
- HPSP – Air Force and Navy Students:
- Cannot apply for ADT at TAMC.
- Follow the same requirements as those for civilian students applying for a clerkship.
- Cannot use military Common Access Card while in a civilian status.
- Military medical officers in the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USUHS), and
- Medical (civilian) students from accredited medical schools and schools of osteopathic medicine in the United States and Puerto Rico.
- Clerkships will be available between November and May of each year (excluding December).
- Are limited to a total of twelve weeks of training at TAMC.
- Those civilian students to include HPSP students (doing a non-active duty training) desiring to rotate at TAMC must ensure that their school has a Memorandum of Agreement in force between their school and TAMC. Without this agreement student are not authorized to rotate until an agreement is in effect.
- United States Army policy does not permit us to accept any student from an international medical school even if the student is a United States citizen.
- Foreign students (non-US Citizens) attending medical schools in the United States who require access to the hospital's information systems network can expect at least a four-month delay in getting access due to required security background checks. The vast majority of clerkships offered at Tripler require students to obtain network access, therefore, please plan accordingly.
Contact Information and Location
- Medical Student Coordinator: (808) 433-6992, Room 9A008A
- Transitional-Year Coordinator: (808) 433-2474, Room 9A010
- Lead GME Coordinator: (808) 433-6982, Room 9A006
- Continuing Medical Education: (808) 433-4710, Room 9A002
- Chief: (808) 433-2457, Room 9A004
- Fax: (808) 433-1559
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of the Army
1 Jarrett White Road
Tripler AMC, HI 96859-5000
Verification of training: Requests for physician verification of internship, residency and/or fellowship may be e-mailed, faxed or mailed to the address listed above, and addressed to appropriate coordinator.
- Transitional Coordinator for transitional-year internship verification.
- Lead GME Coordinator for all other verifications of internship, residency and/or fellowship.
Clinical Clerkship Information and Instructions.
- Introduction to Clinical Clerkships and List of Clerkships Available (application located on specialty page)
- When Clinical Clerkship is Approved
- Occupational Health Requirements
- Standards of Conduct
- TAMC Medical library
- Directions Tripler, parking and GME Office
- Information for USUHS and HPSP students
- Lodging Information
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Family Medicine
- General Surgery
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Orthopaedic Surgery