ACCESS TO CARE External Link, Opens in New Window

making appointments

maps + parking

requesting medical records

remote access request by providers

about TAMC

media contact

disaster preparedness (ready army)



u.s. army health clinic-schofield barracks

warrior ohana medical home

warrior transition battalion

rhc-p leaders and organization

leaders and organization


reserve affairs

troop command

training and education

gme and clerkships



referral guidelines

contact us


TAMC on Facebook TAMC Photos on Zenfolio
TAMC on Twitter TAMC Videos on Vimeo


Performance Triad 26 Week Health Challenge

Tripler Guide 2015
Tripler Guide 2015

CLICK HERE for Pharmacy Information and Online Refills

Information for Military Students

General Information

  • Per Diem rates for the island of Oahu are available online via the Defense Travel website at Currently the rates for Honolulu are as follows:
    • Maximum Lodging is $177.
    • Local Meals is $89.
    • Proportional Meals is $51.
    • Local Incidental is $22.
    • Maximum Per Diem is $288.
  • Government quarters and mess are not available for military students on orders to Tripler Army Medical Center (TAMC).
    • The Tripler IHG (InterContinental Hotels Group) Army Hotel is privatized and is not considered government quarters.
    • Military students with official orders are not required to stay at the Tripler IHG Army Hotel nor are they required to contact the Tripler IHG Army Hotel or the Inn at Schofield Barracks before making alternative arrangements for lodging.
    • Students are not required to stay at another military lodging facility on island even if it has rooms available.
  • Please review the following website concerning lodging.
  • Reimbursement for internet access charges while TDY during your hotel stay are not reimbursable unless specified in your orders:
  • Students are not reimbursed for laundry/dry cleaning expenses during TDY.
    • Unlike CONUS locations, you are not entitled to be reimbursed $2 per day for laundry/dry cleaning expenses because Hawai'i is an OCONUS duty assignment.
    • The cost incurred during TDY travel for personal laundry/dry-cleaning and pressing of clothing is not a miscellaneous reimbursable expense for OCONUS travel and is part of the incidental expense (IE) allowance included within the per diem rates approved for OCONUS travel.
  • Please remember that receipts are required for all reimbursable expenses.

Uniformed Services for the Health Sciences (UHUHS) students.

  • Second and Third year students are required to stay in contracted lodging as directed by USUHS. The Tripler IHG on the Tripler Army Medical Center campus is the current temporary lodging location for USUHS students.
  • Fourth year students are responsible for making their own lodging and transportation arrangements.

Health Professions Scholarship Program (HPSP) students on Active Duty Training (ADT).

  • In addition to applying for a clerkship at TAMC, you must apply for ADT online at
  • You are responsible for making your own lodging and transportation arrangements.
    • Please bear in mind that you will be required to pay for your lodging and rental car in advance of your travel settlement.
    • So you need to ensure that you have a sufficient balance of funds or line of credit available prior to your departure for Tripler.
      • You should verify that the room rate you are being charged does not exceed the maximum daily lodging rate you are entitled to. Otherwise, you will have to make up the difference out of your own pocket.
      • Have a credit card ready when you book your reservation, otherwise it may not be accepted. And don’t forget to find out what the hotel’s cancellation policy is so that you don’t lose your deposit if you decide to stay elsewhere.
  • Cash Advances for Travel.
    • Expenses can add up really fast and credit card limits stretched so students should consider requesting cash advances prior to their travel.
    • The following is from Chapter 4, Active Duty for Training (ADT), of the HPSP Policy Manual:
      • Cash advances must be requested at least 4 weeks before departure for any ADT and are also paid by electronic funds transfer (EFT).
      • The request should include: a copy of the ADT order; a voided check; and an explanation of why advanced pay is needed.
      • Students may receive an electronic deposit cash advance by contacting: DFAS-IN (DNG), DEFT 3700, 8899 East 56th Street, Indianapolis, IN, 46249-3714, phone 1-888-332-7366.
      • Students may also Fax the request to (317) 275-0330.
      • If the EFT is not credited to the student account at least 4 days prior to the report date, contact the DFAS center.
      • Since any advance is later collected during settlement, it is important to understand the amount of cash received and requirement to repay any overpayment.
      • Retain a copy of all vouchers, as it is required for reimbursement of ADT expenses.
  • Rental Car
    • The TAMC Medical Education Office will request an authorization for a rental car from the central HPSP Office on the student’s behalf.
    • Rental car reimbursement will generally not exceed $45.00 per day and only compact size automobiles are authorized.
    • You may book a rental car reservation from the same Carlson-Wagonlit travel office that you book your airline reservations with.
      • The advantage of doing so is that car rental reservations booked through Carlson-Wagonlit include insurance coverage.
      • You will not be reimbursed for insurance otherwise.

Late Arrivals

  • Contact the TAMC Medical Education Office immediately at (808) 433-6992/2457 if you expect to arrive after your established reporting date.
  • If you are arriving late due to a missed flight, a long delay, or other circumstances beyond your control you need to also contact the lodging facility or hotel where you booked a room and inform them of your change in arrival time.

Back to Top