Introduction to Clinical Clerkship
ALL CLINICAL CLERKSHIP REQUESTS
ARE TO BE SUBMITTED
VIA THE AMRDEC SAFE WEB SITE.
- No clerkships are scheduled during the month of December.
- Inprocessing for all students is on Monday at 0700 (7:00A.M.). If Monday falls on a Federal holiday then inprocessing will take place on Tuesday.
- Clerkship application is to be submitted no earlier than eight (8) months prior to projected clerkship start date.
- Approximately 650 medical students rotate at Tripler Army Medical Center (TAMC) each year. The professional staff enjoys teaching and prides itself on providing each student with a quality education and training experience.
- Clerkships are generally four to six weeks, but variations in rotation length may be accommodated.
- Civilian students can only rotate during the period November through May, excluding December, and limited to a total of twelve weeks of training.
- All students:
- Need to discuss their choice of clerkship with appropriate personnel at their school prior to applying for a clerkship as you may find you have conflicts with board exams, school requirements, etc.
- Once your request for clerkship has been approved please make sure that you review the following web sites for mandatory requirements and additional information concerning your clerkship here at TAMC.
- For civilian students to include HPSP students (NADT) desiring to rotate at TAMC must ensure that their school has a Memorandum of Agreement in force between their school and TAMC. Without this agreement student are not authorized to rotate until an agreement is in effect.
Clerkships currently available
- Department of Behavioral Health – Psychiatry Adult Specialty Services
- Psychiatry Emergency and Consultation Service
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Tri-Service Addiction Recovery Facility
- Inpatient Psychiatry
- Department of Medicine
- General Medicine Ward Sub-Internship
- Infectious Disease
- Surgical Medical Intensive Care Unit Sub-Internship
- Department of Pediatrics
- Department of Surgery
- General Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery
- Vascular and Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Emergency Department
- Family Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pathology and Area Laboratory
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Service
Student Coordinator will:
- Review the student's request and communicate with the appropriate department/service for official approval of their training.
- Notify student via e-mail of approval or disapproval.