OBJECTIVES/DESCRIPTION OF EDUCATIONAL ROTATION.
- The rotation covers all aspects of both adult and pediatric Radiology.
- The student will participate in didactics, including morning and afternoon conferences, and are required to prepare and deliver a 30 minute teaching conference to the department.
- Students will rotate through nine subsections of Radiology, including Musculoskeletal, Chest, Abdomen, Pediatric, Mammography, Ultrasound, Neuroradiology, IR, and Nuclear Medicine.
- The educational focus for medical students is learning about the appropriate indications and use of the various imaging modalities, as well as developing basic interpretive skills.
- USUHS students will also complete the approved USUHS Radiology Curriculum during the rotation.
FREQUENCY OF CALL.
- Weekends will be free of obligation.
- Varies by subsection. All reading materials will be made available to students.
- In addition, articles on current subjects and additional electronic resources will be given to the students.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS. Each student is expected to attend morning conferences in Department of Radiology from 0730 to 0830 (7:30 A.M. to 8:30 A.M.), and afternoon conferences from 1230 to 1300 (12:30 P.M. to 1:00 P.M.), unless instructed otherwise.
HOW ARE STUDENTS EVALUATED?
- The student will be evaluated on the competencies of medical knowledge, patient care, interpersonal skills and communication, practice based learning and improvement, and professionalism, during each service rotation, by the chief of that service.
- Student's radiological fund of knowledge will be tested with a pre and post rotation exam.
- The required final presentation will be evaluated by residents and staff.
APPLY FOR EDUCATIONAL ROTATION