OBJECTIVES/DESCRIPTION OF EDUCATIONAL ROTATION. Focused on outpatient care of simple and complex rheumatology patients, with some inpatient consultations.
FREQUENCY OF CALL. There is no night or weekend call required during this rotation.
- Each student is expected to read during the rotation.
- A reading program will be provided to each student and a post-rotation test on this material occurs at the end of the rotation.
- Each student is expected to attend all Internal Medicine conferences, to include morning report, noon lectures, and Journal Club.
- The student will also give one 20-minute presentation on a selected topic.
HOW ARE STUDENTS EVALUATED?
- There will be a test at the end of the rotation which emphasizes the important points obtained from the readings.
- The student’s evaluation will be based on performance of both inpatient and outpatient experiences as well as the post-rotation test and lecture.
- This evaluation will reflect not only his/her fund of knowledge, ability to gather and synthesize information, but also his/her motivation, work habits, and interpersonal skills.
APPLY FOR EDUCATIONAL ROTATION