Tripler Army Medical Center
Public Affairs Office
News Release

For Immediate Release Contact: Tripler Public Affairs Office, 808-433-5785
Release Number 04-052 Sept 23, 2004

DEERS address change responsibility of enrollees when moving

    Tripler Army Medical Center Public Affairs Office

HONOLULU—People registered in the Defense Eligibility Enrollment Reporting System more commonly known, as DEERS are responsible for changing essential information when moving.

DEERS is a computerized database of military sponsors, families and others worldwide who are entitled under the law to TRICARE benefits. DEERS registration is required for TRICARE eligibility. 

Enrollees who live part of the year in one location and move to another location the rest of the year must change addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses every time they move.  Families who decide to transfer their TRICARE benefit should also change their DEERS information.   

For example, a family who plans to return home for six months while the Spouse is deployed will need routine healthcare at the “home” location and needs to transfer TRICARE and change DEERS information.

The easiest way to update the DEERS information is to go to, and click on “DEERS” to the bottom right of the web page.  It will take you directly to the Address Change Option in DEERS.

Enrollment forms to transfer TRICARE benefits are also located on the website above.

Or enrollees may go to, click on “DoD Community,” then “Personnel Services,” then “DEERS Address Update System,” and “Personal Information,” and fill in the new information. 

Enrollees may also call the Defense Manpower Data Center Support Office at 1-800-538-9552, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Eastern Time, Wednesdays through Fridays.

Last updated: Tuesday September 10 2013
Comments or suggestions to the Public Affairs Officer

Tripler Army Medical Center
1 Jarrett White Road
Honolulu, Hawaii  96859-5000