Briefing Dates for 2015
|OCTOBER: 16th & 30th||NOVEMBER: 13th & 20th||DECEMBER: 4th & 18th|
|Refractive Surgery Briefing Dates for 2016
|JANUARY: 15th & 29th||FEBRUARY: 12th & 26th||MARCH: 11th & 25th|
|APRIL: 8th & 22nd||MAY: 6th & 20th||JUNE: 3rd & 17th|
|JULY: 15th & 29th||AUGUST: 12th & 21st||SEPTEMBER: 9th & 23rd|
|OCTOBER: 7th & 21st||NOVEMBER: 4th & 18th||DECEMBER: 2nd & 16th|
* All briefing dates are tentative. Please call
to confirm the schedule prior to attending.
- Briefings are held on Fridays in the Kyser Auditorium at Tripler Army Medical Center in Honolulu, HI. The auditorium is located inside the Oceanside main entrance to the hospital.
- Check in time is at 10:30 a.m.-- the briefing typically lasts until 1 p.m.
- Patients must bring their completed Oahu Refractive Packet, along with a copy of an eye exam or prescription (greater than 12 months old), to the briefing. USAF personnel must also bring their USAF-RS Registry Approval Letter.
- Patients are to report in uniform. Family members are allowed, but seating may be limited to active duty. Active duty will have first priority for seating.
**Service members deploying within the next year - please note that you are considered non-deployable for 1-3 months after refractive surgery.
Tripler Refractive Surgery Center:
TAMC Optometry is located in wing 4G, Mountainside, Tripler Army Medical Center
Schofield & TAMC Optometry appointments is 808-433-8460.
(SB Optometry is located on the 2nd floor of the medical clinic on Schofield Barracks)
Hickam Optometry: 808-448-6160
KBay Optometry: 808-257-2131x325
Makalapa Optometry: 808-473-1880x347