Making Appointments

Maps + Parking



Remote Provider Access Request

Requesting Medical Records

Referral Guidelines

About TAMC

Leaders and Organization

Media Contact


Staff Information

Training and Education

Hawaii Medical Commands

Regional Medical Commands

Contact Us

TAMC on Facebook TAMC Photos on Zenfolio
TAMC on Twitter TAMC Videos on Vimeo
Tripler Guide 2015
Tripler Guide 2015


Social Work Service

Social Work Service is located on the second floor of B-Wing of Tripler. The telephone numbers are 433-6606 or 433-6607. The two primary missions of Social Work Service are discharge planning and family advocacy.

Discharge planning is the process of assisting with an orderly transition from inpatient status to a living situation outside the hospital, or into some type of ongoing health care facility. Multidisciplinary teams routinely meet on each inpatient ward to evaluate patients’ needs following discharge from the hospital.

The Social Work Service offers help to inpatients and their families who may be experiencing problems in coping with:

  • Being in unfamiliar surroundings
  • Separation from home, job, and sometimes, from family
  • Long term illness requiring rehabilitation or placement in a suitable care facility
  • A diagnosis of a terminal illness
  • Arranging for home care of patient
  • Financial problems relative to long term care costs

The mission of the Family Advocacy Program is to evaluate spouses and children who are suspected of being abused/neglected so that appropriate treatment plans may be formulated.

The Family Advocacy Section provides consultation and serves as the point of contact for the reporting of all Tripler inpatients who may be suspected of being abuse/neglect victims, regardless of branch of service.

It is the legal and moral responsibility of all military and civilian personnel to report all cases of suspected child and spouse abuse/neglect.

The Military Reporting Point of Contact (RPOC) is the Military Police, 438-7114 or 438-1567. Children’s cases are also to be reported to the State’s Child Protection Service, 832-5300. To contact the Tripler Family Advocacy section, call 433-6606 or 433-6607. The Military Family Abuse Shelter may be contacted at 533-7125, if a safe place is needed.

In addition to its primary missions, the Social Work Service also provides consultation, counseling, information, assistance and referral services for problems of a personal nature. Social Work Service also sponsors a Women’s, Infants’ and Children’s (WIC) Clinic one day per week for new WIC enrollment. WIC is a federally funded supplemental nutrition program for eligible pregnant women and children under five. For enrollment information call Social Work Service at 433-6606 or call the State WIC Office at 586-8080.