Making Appointments

Maps + Parking



Remote Provider Access Request

Requesting Medical Records

Referral Guidelines

About TAMC

Leaders and Organization

Media Contact


Staff Information

Training and Education

Hawaii Medical Commands

Regional Medical Commands

Contact Us

TAMC on Facebook TAMC Photos on Zenfolio
TAMC on Twitter TAMC Videos on Vimeo
Tripler Guide 2015
Tripler Guide 2015



Department of Family Medicine

Home Family Medicine Service/Clinic Physical Examination Clinic Residency Program Contact Us

Newcomer Information - Pay

(Below are questions that previous incoming interns had concerning their move to Hawai'i and the Graduate Medical Office response to these questions. Please review the following to see if your question has been answered before.)

I would like to take advance pay, how do I set that up?

You will be able to arrange for an advance when you in-process on the 2nd of June. I understand from the staff of the Defense Military Pay Office that you will be paid within a week via check or electronic deposit. I was told that the maximum advance would be around $2,000 or so.

I just had a question regarding pay-I was wondering approximately how long it would be before we actually receive any of our active duty pay, BAH, COLA etc. I would just like to know so that I can budget appropriately for the move, securing housing, etc.

Your first electronic deposit will cover your entitlements for the entire month of June and should hit your financial institution on July 1. You should receive your first mid-month deposit on July 15.

I just received my Chronological Statement of Retirement Points, and for my total it says I have 1 year, 11 months, and 5 days qualifying for retirement and 367 total points. (I was in the reserves before ROTC/HPSP for less than 2 years.) So does that mean that I will be getting paid as an O-3 with 2 years service after about a month of starting up at TAMC?

Reserve service does set the "PAY DATE" back by the appropriate amount of time and can increase the pay level. HOWEVER, we will need solid verification (i.e. Enlistment Contract and Separation Orders). During their in-processing the folks in Officer Management will be preparing a DA Form 1506 to establish their Pay Entry Basic Date (PEBD) and Basic Active Service Date (BASD) and this is explained in the booklet that is being sent to them. (Response proved by MILPO.)

Thank you for the information regarding legal matters and the rights under the Service member's Civil Relief Act (SCRA). Does this pertain also to my wife who will also be on orders?

The SCRA only applies to active duty service members. If your spouse is active duty it applies. If not, it really doesn’t. However, there are certain provisions that impact family members, such as the limited protection against evictions. These situations are outlined in the information paper. And if you have a specific question about your rights we will be happy to forward it to our Center Judge Advocate (Legal Office).

This page is maintained by the Department of Family Medicine, ATTN: MCHK-FM, Tripler Army Medical Center, 1 Jarrett White Road, Honolulu, Hawai'i 96859-5000. Phone: (808) 433-6174.