Department of Family Medicine
Family Medicine Clinic
Our Family Medicine staff and residents of Tripler Army Medical Center would like to thank you for choosing our Ohana for healthcare. We provide healthcare services to active duty beneficiaries, their family and retired service members who have been empanelled to our service. Fourteen board certified family physicians, five family nurse practitioners, a psychologist, a pharmacist, a behavioral scientist, and 37 nurses and administrative personnel are available to assist you and your family in all their healthcare needs.
Location. The Family Medicine Service and Clinic is located on the first floor of D-Wing on the Oceanside of Tripler Army Medical Center. Enter the building on the ground floor and proceed to the elevator or stairs to the first floor.
Hours of operation. The Family Medicine Clinic is open:
Day Clinic is from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday;
Evening Clinic is from 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM, Monday through Thursday;
Immunization are given during normal duty hours;
Closed on all Federal holidays.
Relay Health. We are pleased to offer you a new and convenient way to connect with our office. Using the Internet, you can now communicate with us online through the Relay Health messaging service.
The RelayHealth service is a safe, secure, and confidential way to communicate about your non-urgent healthcare needs. It’s very easy to use, and incorporates stronger security measures that ensure your privacy. By using the RelayHealth service, you will be able to communicate with our office when it’s most convenient for you. All you need is an access to a computer with an Internet connection.
Interested? If so, please take a few minutes to sign up now by following below instructions (there is no fee to register for this service):
- Visit www.relayhealth.com and click Register.
- When prompted, select your provider as your doctor. NOTE: To ensure security, our office must Accept your application before your registration will be completed. Please allow 24 hours following registration for our office to process your registration.
To learn more about the RelayHealth service, visit www.relayhealth.com. If you have any questions about RelayHealth, please feel free to contact RelayHealth Customer Support at 1-866-RELAYME (1-866-735-2963).
Emergency instructions. If you feel that you have a true medical emergency: Call 911 for an ambulance.
When you enrolled in TRICARE Prime, you were given a Primary Care Manager (PCM) by name and team. You
will be scheduled to see your assigned PCM unless he/she is not available within a reasonable time, depending on the urgency of
your problem. Continuity of care with your PCM is a premium factor in providing you the best possible care. When your PCM is
deployed, your appointment will be with another member of the healthcare team.
- All routine appointments to the clinic must be scheduled through Central Appointments by calling (808) 433-2778, or by using TRICARE Online.
- Planning ahead for routine appointments will maximize your ability to obtain an appointment with your PCM at an appropriate time. Please bring your valid military ID card to each appointment at the clinic. Department of Defense and Tripler Army Medical Center require a 100 percent ID check. Remember, children cannot be left alone in the waiting rooms while parents are being seen.
You should schedule routine appointment if any of the following apply:
- You or family members have chronic medical problems and injuries.
- You or family members require health maintenance (routine physicals and gynecological exams).
- You or family members need management of chronic illnesses (asthma, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.).
- If you have a question on an upcoming procedure or need to cancel a procedure please call the Family Medicine Clinic at (808) 433-2202, during normal duty hours.
- Routine appointments.
Other services offered.
- Immunizations. Immunizations for babies and adults are available in the clinic. Infants less than two years old receive their immunizations at the time of their Well Baby appointment. Active duty soldiers receive their immunizations through the Allergy/Immunology Service at Tripler.
- Obstetrical care and examination. The service provides comprehensive prenatal care from conception to birth. Your family physician is able to deliver your baby, perform routine obstetrical examinations, and arrange obstetrical consultations and pregnancy advice with specialists during your visits.
- Women's health. Routine gynecological examinations, pap smears, mammograms and contraceptive counseling are available by scheduling an appointment.
- Well baby and child examinations. Comprehensive pediatric care for children from birth to 18 years of age is available from your PCM in the Family Medicine Service.
- Physicals. Schedule a routine physical appointment with your PCM for your child's school or sports physical. Please bring all necessary school forms with the medical records and shot records. Active duty soldiers should schedule physicals through Central Appointments. Please bring all requested documentation to the appointment.
- Procedures. Minor surgical procedures, flexible sigmoidoscopy, endometrial biopsy, colposcopy, exercise stress testing and vasectomy are available in the clinic.
- Pharmacy services. The Pharmacy Department operates a satellite pharmacy located just outside of the Family Medicine clinic on the first floor of D-Wing on the Oceanside of Tripler Army Medical Center. This limited service pharmacy is convenient to fill same day, new prescriptions only (no refills), for those patients seen in the Family Practice, Dental and Behavior Health clinics, located in the D-Wing of Tripler Army Medical Center.
- Complete laboratory services are available on the fourth floor (Mountain side) of Tripler Army Medical Center. Laboratory Hours are Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
- Complete radiology services are available on the third floor (Mountain side) of Tripler Army Medical Center. Radiology hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM.
Customer Relations Office (Patient Advocate).
- This office serves (located on the fourth floor, Mountainside) as the contact point for all patient concerns, compliments and suggestions. They are the liaison between you (the patient) and the hospital. If you have any questions, please call their office at (808) 433-6336.
- Patients requesting specialty appointments are referred by their family healthcare provider. You must make an appointment with your PCM for such request. This enables the PCM to refer you to an appropriate specialist to meet all your health care needs. Reminder that you must see your PCM for such service.
- Referrals are transmitted to the TRICARE Service Center. Health Care Finders call or notify patients by mail of scheduled specialty appointment(s).
Family Medicine Satellite Pharmacy
Family Medicine Satellite Pharmacy Hours:
8:00 AM - 12:30 PM and 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM Monday thru Friday
CLOSED Saturday, Sunday & all Training and Federal Holidays
Tripler's Main Outpatient Pharmacy is located on the fourth floor (Mountain side) of the hospital. This full service pharmacy has a complete inventory of medications listed on the Tripler Army Medical Center formulary and fills new prescriptions, refill prescriptions as well as prescriptions written for formulary medications by civilian providers outside of Tripler. For more detailed information about Tripler’s Main Outpatient Pharmacy and other outlying military pharmacies across Oahu, please visit our website at: http://www.tamc.amedd.army.mil/offices/Pharmacy/Pharmacy.html
This page is maintained by the Department of Family Medicine, ATTN: MCHK-FM, Tripler Army Medical Center, 1 Jarrett White Road, Honolulu, Hawai'i 96859-5000. Phone: (808) 433-6174.