TRIPLER ARMY MEDICAL CENTER (TAMC)
HOW TO APPLY FOR A CLERKSHIP
Active Duty Training (ADT) Students (excluding USUHS)
1. Review TAMC clerkship descriptions ("Available Clinical Clerkship Rotations") to determine your eligibility to participate in the clerkship of your choice.
2. To preclude changes and cancellations:
a. Discuss your choice of clerkship with the appropriate personnel at your school prior to applying for a TAMC clerkship as you may find you have conflicts with board exams, school requirements, etc.
b. If you are a Health Professional Scholarship Program (HPSP) student and are unsure of your eligibility to do a rotation, contact HPSP headquarters at 1–877–633–2769.
3. Click on the application form entitled Request for Approval of Clinical Clerkship Training:
a. Complete the form
b. Print the form.
c. Sign, print your social security number, and date the bottom of the form.
d. Fax the form to the TAMC Clerkship Coordinator at (808) 433–1559.
4. The Clerkship Coordinator will review your request and communicate with the appropriate department for official approval of your training.
5. When approval / disapproval is received from the department, the Clerkship Coordinator will notify you via e-mail.
a. Last minute changes are discouraged. If you need to change your rotation, e-mail the Clerkship Coordinator immediately so that she can notify the many offices that are involved in student training.
b. To cancel a rotation request, e-mail the Clerkship Coordinator immediately so the vacancy can be assigned to someone else.