TRIPLER ARMY MEDICAL CENTER (TAMC)
REQUEST FOR APPROVAL OF CLINICAL CLERKSHIP TRAINING
TAMC clerkship descriptions ("Available Clinical Clerkship
Rotations") to determine your eligibility to participate in
the clerkship of your choice.
2. To preclude changes and cancellations:
a. Discuss your choice of clerkship with the appropriate personnel at your school prior to applying for a TAMC clerkship as you may find you have conflicts with board exams, school requirements, etc.
b. If you are a Health Professional Scholarship Program (HPSP) student and are unsure of your eligibility to do a rotation, contact HPSP headquarters at 1–877–633–2769.
3. Click on the application form entitled "Request for Approval of Clinical Clerkship Training" @ http://www.tamc.amedd.army.mil/residency/3-CLERKSHIP-APPLICATION-INSTRUCTIONS/ONLINE-REQUEST-FOR-APPROVAL-OF-CLINICAL-CLERKSHIP-TRAINING.HTML.
a. Complete the form.
b. Print the form.
c. Sign, print your social security number, and date the bottom of the form.
d. Fax the form to the TAMC Clerkship Coordinator at (808) 433–1559.
4. The TAMC Clerkship Coordinator will review your request and communicate with the appropriate department for official approval of your training.
5. The TAMC Clerkship Coordinator will notify you via e-mail whether or not the department approved your request.
6. Changes and cancellations:
a. Last minute changes are discouraged. If you need to change your rotation, e-mail the TAMC Clerkship Coordinator immediately. Otherwise, your request may not be approved and your clerkship may be cancelled: TAMCStudentClerk@amedd.army.mil.
b. To cancel a rotation request, e-mail the TAMC Clerkship Coordinator immediately so the vacancy can be assigned to someone else: TAMCStudentClerk@amedd.army.mil.