TRIPLER ARMY MEDICAL CENTER (TAMC)
1. A copy
of your military orders or training confirmation letter and a
Government-issued picture identification (ID) to get you through
the main entry gate.
2. A valid Basic Life Support (BLS) card.
3. Your completed health records confirming health requirements have been met. These documents will be reviewed by the TAMC Occupational Health Office.
4. HIPAA training certification from your school. If your school does not provide HIPAA training then complete the Military Health System (MHS) HIPAA training @ https://mhslearn.satx.disa.mil/ilearn/en/learner/mhs/portal/home.jsp and bring a copy of the completion certificate with you. Otherwise, if you are unable to provide appropriate HIPAA certification from your school or complete the on-line MHS HIPAA training you must attend a mandatory HIPAA training class shortly after you arrive at Tripler.
5. Department of the Army (DA) or Department of Defense (DoD) Information Assurance (IA) training certificate. If your rotation requires you to have access to the Tripler Army Medical Center intranet and its medical information systems and electronic medical records then you will need to complete mandatory, online Information Assurance training and bring a copy of your certificate with you.
(1) Army students (HPSP and USUHS) must go to this website to complete the required training: https://ia.gordon.army.mil/dodiaa/default.asp. Follow the directions on the website. Important! Read the Army Addendum because there will be questions on the exam related to the information it contains. After you have read the Army Addendum, click on the Login Page link and sign in with your AKO user name and password to take the DoD Information Assurance Awareness Exam. When you print your certificate make sure you set it to landscape.
(2) All other students should go to this website to complete the required IA training: http://iase.disa.mil/eta/index.html#onlinetraining. Click on the link for DoD IA Awareness (for DoD Personnel). Don’t forget to print your certificate!
(3) If you do not complete the required IA training you will be required to complete the training at Tripler upon your arrival. This may delay the start of your training, which may not sit will with your evaluator(s). You will also be required to complete additional training modules related to computer and information security upon arrival. However, these additional modules can be completed relatively quickly.
6. A copy of "In-Processing Guide" information sheet (for your personal use).
7. Maps of TAMC facilities and parking for your personal use:
a. Directions to TAMC and entrance instructions: http://www.tamc.amedd.army.mil/residency/5-INFORMATION-INSTRUCTION-DOCUMENTS/TAMC-LOCATER-INSTRUCTIONS.HTML.
b. Authorized parking locations: http://www.tamc.amedd.army.mil/residency/5-INFORMATION-INSTRUCTION-DOCUMENTS/TAMC-EMPLOYEE-PARKING-LOCATIONS.HTML.
c. How to find the TAMC Medical Education Office: http://www.tamc.amedd.army.mil/residency/5-INFORMATION-INSTRUCTION-DOCUMENTS/TAMC-MEDICAL-EDUCATION-OFFICE-LOCATION.HTML.