TRAINING AND EDUCATION INFORMATION
Tripler Directorate of Health Education and Training (DOHET) is a resource for all hospital education, training and staff development, excluding Graduate Medical Education. DOHET centralized a variety of educational programs into one convenient location.
DOHET manages and coordinates activities that promote the readiness level and provides educational opportunities for the Pacific Regional Medical Command that includes:
- Life Support Classes: BLS, ACLS, NRP and PALS; (808) 433-2923
- Graduate Program in Anesthesia Nursing; (808) 433-4707/2132
- Staff Development, Orientation and Mandatory Annual Training; (808) 433-7958
- Nursing Education (Courses, Contact Hours, etc.); (808) 433-3884/4226/2915
- Readiness Medical Training for Medics, EMTs, Medical Proficiency Training (MPT) and Pre-Hospital Trauma; (808) 433-5204/7931
- Continuing Medical Education; (808) 433-4710
- Medical Simulation Center; (808) 433 9369
- Patient Education; (808) 433-2565/2176
In addition, to the above, the following is a list of non graduate medical education training available. Please contact the listed department to arrange for training at TAMC.
|Pacific Regional Dental Command||Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||(808) 433-9193|
|Advanced Education General Dentistry|
|Patient Administration Division||Medical Records Administration; Coding||(808) 433-5397|
|Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Service||Occupational Therapy||(808) 433-6309/6287/6274|
|Physical Therapy||(808) 433-6309/6287/6288|
|Department of Pathology and Area Laboratory||Phlebotomy and Medical Technology||(808) 433-5277|
|Department of Pharmacy||Pharmacy||(808) 433-2989|
|Emergency Department||Interservice Physician Assistant Program||(808) 433-3358|
|Department of Behavioral Health|
|-- Psychology||Post-Doctoral Fellowship||(808) 433-2748|
|Post-Doctoral Fellowship Application Procedures|
|Clinical Psychology Internship|
|-- Social Work Service||Social Work||(808) 433-6606|
Clinical rotation and practicum are limited to students enrolled in formal education and training programs at an accredited school or institution.
An affiliation agreement must be in place between Tripler and the student's school or institution before the student may train at TAMC.
Department should check with the Graduate Medical Education office to ensure that an affiliation agreement is in effect or is established between Tripler and the student's school prior to start of training.