TRAINING AND EDUCATION INFORMATION
- Tripler Directorate of Health Education and Training (DOHET) is a resource for all hospital education, training and staff development, excluding Graduate Medical Education. DOHET centralized a variety of educational programs into one convenient location.
- Clinical rotation and practicum are limited to students enrolled in formal education and training programs at an accredited school or institution.
- An affiliation agreement must be in place between Tripler and the student's school or institution before the student may train at TAMC.
- Army medicine and civilian education both benefit from an exchange of information and clinical expertise.
- Training affiliation programs can improve this exchange, reflect favorably on military medicine, and encourage civilian health care providers to explore careers in the AMEDD.
- Training affiliation programs must serve the best interest of the Army and must not detract from the medical mission of the Army medical facility or the education and training needs of AMEDD personnel.
- Special programs for the sole benefit of the education institution or its trainees will not be established.
- Any work benefits derived are incidental to training.
- Department should check with the Graduate Medical Education office to ensure that an affiliation agreement is in effect or is established between Tripler and the student's school prior to start of training.
- DOHET manages and coordinates activities that promote the readiness level and provides educational opportunities for the Pacific Regional Medical Command that includes:
- Life Support Classes: BLS, ACLS, NRP and PALS; (808) 433-2923
- Graduate Program in Anesthesia Nursing; (808) 433-4707/2132
- Staff Development, Orientation and Mandatory Annual Training; (808) 433-7958
- Nursing Education (Courses, Contact Hours, etc.); (808) 433-3884/4226/2915
- Readiness Medical Training for Medics, EMTs, Medical Proficiency Training (MPT) and Pre-Hospital Trauma; (808) 433-5204/7931
- Medical Simulation Center; (808) 433-3092
- Patient Education; (808) 433-2565/2176
- In addition, to the above, the following is a list of non graduate medical education training available. Please contact the listed department to arrange for training at TAMC.
|Department of Clinical Investigation||Physiology||(808) 433-6709|
|Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Service||Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy||(808) 433-6309/6287|
|Department of Pathology and Area Laboratory||Phlebotomy and Medical Technology||(808) 433-5277|
|Department of Pharmacy||Pharmacy||(808) 433-2989|
|Emergency Department||Physician Assistant||(808) 433-3358|
|Department of Behavioral Health|
|-- Psychology||Psychology||(808) 433-2735|
|-- Social Work Service||Social Work||(808) 433-6606|
|Nutrition Care Division||Dietitian||(808) 433-2383|
|Department of Medicine||Respiratory Care Service||(808) 433-6776|
|Department of Surgery||Audiology||(808) 433-3362|
|Department of Pediatrics||Speech||(808) 433-6205|
|Directorate of Health Education and Training||Nursing||(808) 433-3884/4226/2915|
- As soon as you have been approved to do a clerkship at TAMC, please take care of the following requirements prior to reporting to Tripler.
- Letter of Good Standing from your school to your sponsor.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) card, if applicable.
- BLS card must be valid for your entire clerkship. If card is to expire during your clerkship, please ensure that it is renewed prior to your arrival.
- Per Army Regulation 40-68, Clinical Quality Management, we can only accept those issued by the American Heart Association.
- Occupational Health Requirements.
- Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPPA) training.
- Network/Computer Access, if applicable. If your clerkship requires you to have access to the TAMC intranet and its medical information systems and electronic medical records, then you will need to complete the following prior to your arrival.
- Get a Sponsored/Guess AKO (Army Knowledge Online) account. It is the responsibility of the department/service that you will be rotating with to sponsor you for an AKO account.
- Finger printing requirements (civilian students).
- Completion of TAMC Form 835, Acceptable Use Policy (AUP).
- Completion of IA/Cyber training.